Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 13 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will join the Product, Practice and Knowledge (PPK) department as part of the Knowledge Management team that supports the Simple & Digital Customer Experience and Net Promoter System solution within the Customer Practice. You will report to the Simple & Digital solution Senior Manager, based in Dubai and you will interact with the broader global solution team as well as the solution Partners/team members and the broader Customer practice community.
“Practices” are how we group and organize our solutions and products based on our clients’ industry or business function. They are integral to how we win and deliver results to our clients, and are a key strategic priority within our firm. The Simple & Digital solution is part of the Customer practice and focuses on helping clients to transform their customer experiences and deliver them at radically lower costs, starting by simplifying the core business and digitizing it where it matters. This also includes the Net Promoter System, a tool that helps clients to ensure that the customers are being heard, the employees feel inspired and the organization has a continuous source of customer-driven ideas. The customer practice is one of the top five revenue drivers for the firm, and we are doubling down to innovate around this solution and develop new industry-leading POVs and tools that will enable us to be the partner of choice for executive teams leading customer experience transformations.
The Knowledge Management team is critical to harnessing the best of our consulting staffs’ individual and collective expertise, making it possible for us to deliver extraordinary results for our clients.
Equip Partners in the firm and consulting staff with relevant expertise and resource recommendations
- Provide value-added front-line support to case teams by sharing curated “best of” Bain content, experience and perspectives
- Identify and connect experts within the Bain network to consulting teams
- Collaborate with our Information Services or Practice Centers of Excellence, to collectively provide consultants the best consolidated view of our internal and external knowledge
- Develop and package summary documents and provide updated or bespoke analysis
Lead the capture and sharing of the practice knowledge base
- Capture and process knowledge onto our global intranet platform from client development and case team efforts
- Coordinate with other Knowledge Specialists to identify cross practice content priorities and identify gaps in the knowledge base
- Communicate with case teams and practice affiliates to understand work and solicit most relevant content
- Manage metadata to facilitate user searching
- Package and codify our best thinking into insights
- Collaborate with practice team members to fill content gaps through new product development and deployment
- Manage and maintain practice page(s) on the intranet; ensuring our best materials are represented and shared
- Oversee Knowledge Associate in managing and maintaining the knowledge base
Contribute to the development and execution of the practice strategy
- Analyze, understand and interpret underlying drivers of practice performance
- Support content planning and logistics for annual practice meetings
- Drive practice affiliate engagement, including preparation for experience-sharing calls and publications
Actively contribute to the practice and broader PPK team
- Participate in (and sometimes lead) global team trainings, group projects, experience sharing, mentoring, and other initiatives
- Assign, review, and provide feedback on junior practice member’s work. Manage day to day workplan for junior team members and provide coaching and development
- BA or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Preferred 2+ years of professional experience with exposure to one or more of the following disciplines: consulting, research and analysis, knowledge management, strategic planning, business development, product development, marketing, and/or project management
- You have interest and/or experience or familiarity with organizational design or other people, culture and talent related topics
- You’re intellectually curious
- You have strong analytical abilities and experience bringing innovative and ‘outside the box’ approaches to problem solving
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding environment, and you have the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Attentive to detail and very organized. You’re known for your high-quality work
- You can self-motivate and work autonomously, while appreciating guided coaching and collaborative teaming
- Superior customer service attitude
- You keep a positive mindset and high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong communication and presentation skills. You can engage with senior business executives and team with colleagues across the globe and in different time zones
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word